Persian Cat Breed
The Persian cat is a long-haired breed of domestic cat known for its distinctive round face and short muzzle. They have a very sweet, gentle, and affectionate personality. Their weight can range from about 7 to 12 pounds and their length is about 14 to 17 inches. Their life expectancy can be at least 15 to 20 years.
It is one of the oldest cat breeds in the world and is believed to have originated in Persia (modern-day Iran) in the 17th century. This breed is known for its calm and affectionate personality, making it a popular choice as a pet. Overall, the Persian cat breed is lovely that has been a favorite among cat lovers for centuries.
- Coat Color: The coat color of the Persian cat comes in almost every pattern, including silver and golden, solid shades, smoke and shaded colors, tabby patterns, parti-color and bicolor, and pointed (Himalayan).
- Coat Length: Long and thick all over the body, with a voluminous ruff around the neck, deep fringe between the front legs, and a very full brushed tail. Shiny, with fine texture.
- Eye Color: Eye color varies according to coat color, but can be copper, blue, green, blue-green, hazel, and odd-eyed.
Persian cat Prices in India
Persian cat prices can range from ₹10,000 to ₹50,000 or more but Persian cat prices in India can vary depending on various factors like breeder, location, age, sex, and quality of the cat. Additionally, adopting a Persian cat from a shelter or rescue organization may be a more cost-effective option.
However, it is very important to note that purchasing a cat from a reputable breeder who follows ethical breeding practices and provides proper care for the cats may cost more.
Persian cat prices in different places
As I am very happy to inform you that Persian cat price varies from place to place which we have mentioned below so go through it and read carefully.
- Persian cat prices in Lucknow are Rs 10,000 to Rs 50,000
- Persian cat prices in Kolkata are Rs 10,000 to Rs 50,000
- Persian cat prices in Kerala are Rs 10,000 to Rs 50,000
- Persian cat prices in Delhi are Rs 12,000 to Rs 50,000
- Persian cat prices in Mumbai are Rs 12,000 to Rs 50,000
- Persian cat prices in Bangalore are Rs 12, 000 to Rs 50,000
- Persian cat prices in Pune are Rs 10,000 to Rs 50,000
- Persian cat prices in Chennai are Rs 10,000 to Rs 50,000
Persian cat Appearance
The Persian cat is also called “Peke-face” because these cats resemble Pekingese dogs. These cats typically have flatter faces, smaller ears, thicker coats, and larger eyes when compared to traditional cats. This is such a breed of cat. They are characterized by their long, flowing coats and round faces, but they also have one feature that immediately comes to our mind when we think of their appearance: their lovely, smooth faces.
The body of the Persian cat is compact and muscular, with short legs and a thick, fluffy tail. It has a broad, short nose and small ears on its head. The Persian cat’s eyes are large and round and can be blue, green, copper, or odd-eyed (one blue eye and one copper eye). The Persian cat is a very beautiful and elegant-looking cat breed. Over the years, two forms of the Persian cat have emerged—the showy and the traditional, also known as the doll face.
Persian Cat Care
If you are considering adopting a Persian cat or already have one, it is very important that you know how to care for them. Here are some tips for Persian cat care that you may see and read:-
- Diet: These cats should be avoided overeating, as they can be prone to obesity. A portion of high-quality cat food that is rich in protein and low in carbohydrates is recommended for Persian cats.
- Grooming: Daily brushing is recommended for these cats to prevent matting and tangles. You may also need to trim the fur around their anus to prevent feces from getting caught in their fur. Persian cats require regular grooming due to their long and thick fur.
- Environment: Persian cats are very sensitive to changes in their environment, so be sure to provide them with a quiet and calm space. They love to play and climb, so provide them with toys and scratching posts.
- Bathing: Persian cats should be bathed once a month to keep their fur clean and healthy, and use a cat-friendly shampoo that can be great for them. It is important to dry them completely to prevent matting.
- Health Checks: Regular visits to the vet are important to make sure your Persian cat is healthy. They may need dental cleanings or other treatments to maintain their health.
- Litter box: Persian cats prefer a clean litter box, so be sure to clean it daily and once a week.
By following all these tips, you can provide proper care for your Persian cat to live a healthy and happy life.